Center for Schools and Communities (CSC) is a dedicated group of professionals providing comprehensive services designed to build your organization’s capacity. We work closely with local education agencies, community-based organizations and state and local departments to strengthen systems. We help our clients increase their knowledge, awareness and skills by providing high quality professional learning opportunities, research and evaluation design, and customized consultation. Our knowledgeable staff has a diverse array of expertise and skills in school safety, youth violence prevention, out-of-school time, family-community-school partnerships and positive youth development. We will work with you to review, develop and implement plans to meet your needs and identify effective strategies designed to transform lives.
Center for Schools and Communities strives to create and promote a safe space in which individuals are entitled to participate in all conference sessions and activities free of discrimination. Diversity, equity and inclusion are central to our vision of providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment to all participants. We embrace the value of every person, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, or differing abilities.
CSC Professional Opportunities Update
Please review our monthly e-newsletter which includes Discussions with the Director video interviews, professional learning opportunities, and career opportunities.
- October 2023 Professional Opportunities Update.
- September 2023 Professional Opportunities Update.
- August 2023 Professional Opportunities Update.
- July 2023 Professional Opportunities Update.
- June 2023 Professional Opportunities Update.
- May 2023 Professional Opportunities Update.
- April 2023 Professional Opportunities Update.
- March 2023 Professional Opportunities Update.
- February 2023 Professional Opportunities Update.
Sign up for e-mail updates.
CSC Year in Review
Our Core Functions
CSC develops and offers a wide range of researched-based online and face-to-face professional learning opportunities, including workshops, multi-session courses, multi-day conferences and certifications.
CSC provides in-depth support for the successful implementation and operation of school and community-based programs. This support includes subject matter technical assistance, tools and resources.
Custom Products and Services
CSC delivers a wide range of customized products and services to schools, community-based organizations, state departments and institutions of higher education. These products and services are designed to meet client needs and strengthen systems that support positive outcomes for children, youth, families and communities
CSC serves as an intermediary organization, convening, facilitating and coordinating subject-driven meetings, educational advocacy events and professional learning conferences, and symposiums and forums. These opportunities strive to raise awareness, increase knowledge, build skills and facilitate change.
Our Core Values
Service to others
- Collaborating with schools and the community to enrich lives and maximize potential.
- Serving schools and communities with integrity, compassion and authenticity to meet individual and collective needs.
Passion for excellence
- Making a positive difference and striving to achieve excellence.
- Pursuing bold ideas with heart and purpose.
Equity in action
- Fostering and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion that honors the differences and perspectives of all those we serve.
- Ensuring every person has the opportunity to reach their fullest potential regardless of race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender, ability, sexual orientation, or other characteristics that make each individual unique.
Innovation for growth
- Thinking creatively and collaboratively to promote innovation and entrepreneurism.
- Leading courageously and developing solutions for current and future challenges.